Aloo Dum / Dum Aloo Recipe
Welcome to cook with Sonali. Today I am going to make dum aloo or aloo dum. So let’s have a look at the ingredients.
- 500 gram of boiled baby potatoes.
- 3-4 roughly chopped tomatoes
- 2 big size roughly chopped onion
- 1 tbsp Chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp Chopped ginger
- 8-10 chopped cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp of cumin powder
- 1 tbsp of Garam masala
- 1 tbsp of red chilli powder
- Cinnamon, cloves, cardamom
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp of cumin seeds
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Oil as needed
- Salt to taste
That’s all you need to make for the dum aloo. So let’s get started with the dish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Once the oil is enough hot then add whole spices cinnamon, clove, cardamom, 1 tbsp of cumin seeds. Sauté for couple of minutes.
- Now add ginger, garlic and onion, green chilli. Stir it well and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Now add chopped tomato and cook for about 3-4 minutes until it turns soft and moist.
- Once it done then let it cool down completely. Now take it out in mixy bowl and make a soft smooth paste.
- In the same Kadhai add 2 tbsp oil and let it heat. Now add boil potatoes little bit salt, red chilli powder, and turmeric powder. Mix it well and cook it medium flame until it’s turns golden brown.
- Now see potatoes are turns light golden brown. I will take it out on a plate.
- Into the same Kadai add 1 tbsp oil and let it hot. Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder. Mix it well and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Now add masala paste and stir it well. Cook it medium flame for about 2-3 minutes until the masala separate from the oil. Once the masala separate from the oil then add 1 cup of water.
- Mix it well and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Now add fried potatoes into it. Again cook for about 2-3 minutes. Add Garam masala and ghee and mix it well. Now add chopped coriander leave and mix it well.
- See dum aloo or aloo dum ready serve it hot stream rice or roti chapati.
- Now I will take it out on a plate and garnish with onion and coriander leave.
- Hope you will try this out and let me know in comment section below. And don’t forget to subscribe for more delicious recipes.