Chicken Kosha Recipe
Today I am going to make chicken kosha. This recipe is requested by mr Shayak Roy and many other viewers. So let’s have a look at the ingredients.
For the marination we need
- 1 kg of chicken pieces
- 100 gm yogurt
- 2 tbsp of vinegar
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp of Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp of salt
For the gravy we need
- 2-3 big size onion paste
- 2 tbsp of ginger paste
- 1 tbsp of garlic paste
- 2-3 pieces of tomato paste
- 1 tbsp of cumin powder
- 1 tbsp of coriander powder
- 1 tbsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp of red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp of Garam masala
- Chopped coriander leaves
- 3-4 green chilli slits
- Cinnamon, cloves, cardamom
- Bay leaves
- 1 tbsp of ghee
- Oil as needed
That’s all you need to make chicken kosha. So let’s get started with the dish.
- At first we need a bowl add yogurt and beat it well. Then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and salt. Mix it well. Now add chicken pieces, 1 tbsp vinegar, 1 tbsp mustered oil.
- Mix it well. Keep the marinated chicken in room temperature for about 1 hour.
- Mean while heat oil in a Kadai. Once the oil is enough hot then add whole spices cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, bay leave, red chilli. Stir it well. Now add slice onion, green chilli. Sauté for couple of minutes.
- Add onion paste, ginger garlic paste. Stir it well. Add tomato purée, and all spices like cumin powder, coriander power, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, and little bit salt.
- Stir it well and cook it medium flame until the oil comes up on the top of the masala.
- Now add marinated chicken pieces into it and mix it well. Cover it and cook it medium flame for about 15- 20 minutes and stir it well occasionally.
- Now open the cover add ½ cup of water and again cook it 4-5 minutes. Now add Garam masala, 1 tbsp of ghee. You can add 1 tbsp butter also.
- Now see delicious chicken kosha is almost ready add chopped coriander leave and mix it well. I will take it out in a bowl.
- See delicious chicken kosha is ready. Hope you will try this out and let me know in comment section below and don’t forget to subscribe for more delicious recipes.