Dalia khichdi Recipe / broken wheat khichdi
Today I am going to make Dalia khichdi. So let’s have a look at the ingredients.
- ½ cup of moong dal
- ½ cup of Dalia (broken wheat)
- ½ tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 pinch of hing
- 1 big size chopped onion
- 2 medium size chopped tomato
- 1 cup of Chopped mix vegetables
- ½ tbsp turmaric powder
- ½ tbsp red chili powder
- ½ tbsp cumin powder
- ½ tbsp coriander powder
- ½ tbsp Garam masala
- 1 tbsp oil or ghee
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
That’s all you need to make Dalia khichdi. So let’s get started with the dish.
- In a Kadai add Dalia and stir it well and sauté for about 4-5 minutes.
- Now in a pressure cooker add oil or ghee and let it heat. Once the oil is hot then add cumin seeds, red chilies, and hing.
- Stir it well now add chopped onion, and chopped green chilies.
- Stir it well and cook until onion, ginger garlic paste turns translucent.
- Now add chopped vegetables like carrots, bins, green peas,capsicum, potatoes. You can add vegetables according to your choice.
- Mix it well. Now add roasted Dalia, and pre washed moong dal. Then add all spices like turmeric powder, red chili power, cumin powder, coriander power, and salt to taste.
- Stir it continuously and cook it medium flame for about 4-5 minutes. Now add 1 tbsp of sugar and Garam masala. Mix it well.
- Add 2 cups of water. Now cover with lid and cook it for about 2 whistles.
- After 2 whistles give it rest for about 15 minutes. Now open the lid and see delicious Dalia is ready.
- Hope you will try this out and let me know in comment section below. And don’t forget to subscribe for more delicious recipes.