Dudh puli recipe
Welcome to Cook with Sonali. Today I am going to make dudh puli. It is Bengali occasion Makar Sankranthi special Pitha recipe. So let’s have a look at the ingredients.
- Rice flour 1 cup
- Lukewarm water as needed
- Grated coconut
- Jaggery 250 gems
- Sandesh or mawa 100 grams
- Full creammilk 1 litre
- 4-5 green cardamom
- Bay leave
That’s all you need to make dudh puli. So let get started with the dish.
- At first we need a large skillet add sheredded coconut then add jaggery miss it well.
- Now add Khowa or mawa or Sandesh according to your choice. cook it medium flame for about 4-5 minutes. Once it done then take it out and cool down completely.
- Now in a bowl add rice flour then add 1 pinch of salt. And mix it well . Add lukewarm water slowly slowly and make a soft dough.
- Once the dough is complete then divide the dough into lemon size of balls.
- Now take a ball and flatten the ball with your rolling pin then add coconut stuffing and make a shape of a puli. Like wise I will make all the pullies.
- Now in a big PAN add milk and cardamom pods. Keep stirring occasionally and let it cook for about 8-10 minutes.
- Now add all pullies into the PAN and cook for about 5 minutes. Add jaggery and mix it well. Cook for about 5 -6 minutes.
- Now see puli Pitha is ready . I will take it out in a bowl.
- Hope you will try this out and let me know in comment section below. And don’t forget to subscribe for more delicious recipes.