Enchorer dalna / Raw jackfruit curry in Bengali style
Welcome to cook with Sonali. Today I am going to make enchorer dalna or jackfruit curry. So let’s have a look at the ingredients
- 500 grams of Cube size jackfruit
- 2 Cube size potatoes
- 1 pcs of chopped onion
- 1 small size onion paste
- 2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste
- 4-5 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 tbsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp of red chili powder
- 1 tbsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp of cumin powder
- 1 tbsp of coriander powder
- 1 tbsp of Garam masala
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- Cinnamon, cloves, cardamom
- Bay leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil as needed
That’s all you need to make jackfruit curry or Bengali enchorer dalna. So let’s get started with the dish.
- At first boil water in a Kadai add turmeric powder and salt . Now add cube size jackfruit, and potatoes.
- Now cover it and Let it cook for about 5 minutes. Afte 5 minutes open the lid and drain the excess water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in Kadai once the oil is hot then add potatoes and jackfruit. And fry it 3-4 minutes.
- Now take it out and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in Kadai add bay leave, red chili, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and cumin seeds.
- Let it splatter. Now time to add chopped onion. Stir it well and cook until turns golden brown.
- Once the onion turns golden brown then add onion paste, ginger garlic paste.
- Cook it medium flame until raw flavor goes off.
- Now add tomato paste, and all spices like cumin powder, coriander power, red chili powder, turmeric powder. Mix it well and cook till oil comes up on the top of the masala.
- Now time to add fried jackfruit and potatoes. Mix it well and stir it continuously.
- Add little bit water and mix it well. Now cover with lid and cook it in low flame for about 8-10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes open the lid add Garam masala 1 tbsp ghee or butter. Mix it nicely and cook it low flame for about few minutes.
- Now see delicious jackfruit curry or Bangali enchorer dalna is ready.
- Now I will take it out.
- Serve it hot stream rice or roti.
- Hope you will try this out and let me know in comment section below and don’t forget to subscribe for more delicious recipes.