Fruit Cake | Fruit Cake in Gas Oven | Fruit Cake in Microwave
Welcome to Cook with Sonali. Merry Christmas and happy new year to all of my viewers and subscribers. Today I am going to make fruit cake. So let’s have a look at the ingredients.
- Maida or all purpose flour 100
- 4 eggs
- Unsalted butter 100 gm
- Sugar 100 gm
- Raisins 50 gm
- Cashews 50 gm
- Almond 50 gm
- Cherry 50 gm
- 1 tbsp of orange zest
- 3 tbsp of coco powder
- 2 tbsp of vanilla essence
- 3-4 tbsp of refine oil
- 2 tbsp of rum or any whiskey
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon or cardamom powder
That’s all you need to make fruit cake. So let get started with the dish.
- Now take a bowl add butter and beat well. Then add powder sugar and beat again. Then add egg little by little and beat it continuously. Now add veg oil and again beat it.
- In a Pan add sugar, stir it well and cook it in medium flame until it turns brown. It should have deep brown color. Add little bit water and stir it well. Once it is done then remove from flame.
- In a sifter add all purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon and cardamom powder and sieve well.
- Now add sugar caramel and mix it well.
- Now add sifted flour and mix it well.
- Take dry fruits add 1 tbsp all purpose flour and mix it well.
- Now put dry fruits and orange zest. Mix it well.
- Add vanilla essence and mix it well.
- Add butter paper in your cake tin and pour the mixture on the butter paper.
- Press it slowly slowly so all air bubble comes out.
- I am showing you two different types of baking .
- I am using rice pot instead of pressure cooker. See at first I am using salt then rack and cover it and preheat it.
- Then place the cake tin into rice pot and cove it. Cook it low flame for about 30 minutes.
- Next I am showing you how to bake in microwave. Preheat the oven to 180 degree centigrade for about 5 minutes. Then place the cake tin in it and cook it for about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Check it out with skewer. If it comes out clean from the cakethat means your cake is ready.
- Now see Christmas cake is ready.
- Hope you will try this out and let me know how it turned up for you.
- Don’t forget to subscribe for more delicious recipe