Poha Recipe-How to Make Kanda Poha-Bengali Chirer Polav Recipe-Indian Breakfast Recipe
Poha Recipe-How to Make Kanda Poha-Bengali Chirer Polav Recipe-Indian Breakfast RecipeToday I am going to make Poha. It is very tasty famous Indian breakfast recipe.
So let’s quickly go through the ingredients.
- 1 cup of Beaten rice /poha
- 1big size chopped onion
- 1 tbsp of chopped green chili
- 1 tbsp of chopped coriender leaves
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 1/2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 pc of lemon
- 1/2 tbsp of turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- Oil as needed
- At first I will show you how to strain the poha.Take a strainer then add poha.
- Now wash it with running water and drain the water completely.
- Make sure you do not wash to much or else it will break get mushy.Now take it aside for about 8-10 minutes
- Heat up a pan then add peanuts. Stir it well and roast the peanuts until it turns crunchy.
- Once it nicely roasted then take it out in a bowl and keep it aside.Now into this pan add 2 tbsp of oil and let it heat.
- Once the oil is hot then add mustard seeds,green chilies and curry leaves.Saute for couple of minutes.
- Now time to add chopped onion, little bit turmeric powder, and littlt bit salt.
- Stir it well and cook it in medium flame until it turns light golden brown.
- Once it turned light golden brown then add roasted peanuts into it.
- Add little bit sugar it is optional you can skip it and mix it well.Now add washed poha and mix it nicely.
- Again add little bit salt and lemon juice.I am using 1/2 pc of lemon you can use according to your taste.
- Cook it medium flame for about 2-3 minutes. Now see poha is almost ready.
- Now I will garnish with little bit of chopped coriander leaves.Now turn off the gass flame.
- And take it out on a plate. Now see delicious poha is ready.Serve it lemon slice and green chilies.
- Hope you will try this out and let me know in comment section below.