Tomato rice recipe/ tomato pulao
Today I am going to make tomato rice or tomato pulao. It is quite easy South Indian recipe. So let’s have a look at the ingredients.
- 1 cup of cooked basmati rice
- 3 medium size large tomato
- 2 medium size chopped onion
- 1/2cup of green peas
- Red chilli
- 1tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp Garam masala
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- Cinnamon, cloves, cardamom
- Chopped coriander leaves
- 2-3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Salt to taste
- Oil as needed
- 1 tbsp of ghee
That’s all you need to make tomato rice. So let’s get started with the dish.
- Heat oil in Kadai. Once the oil is hot then add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, red chillies, and cumin seeds and let it crackle. Now add chopped onion, chopped green chilli ginger garlic paste.
- Stir it well and cook for about few minutes until onion turns translucent.
- Once the onion turns translucent then add chopped tomato, green peas and all spicesred chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and salt to taste.
- Mix it well and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Now add tomato ketchup and mix it well and cook for few minutes.
- Time to add cook rice and mix it well. Add 1 tbsp ghee or butter mix it well. Last add few chopped coriander leave.
- Now see delicious tomato rice is ready. Serve it hot.
- Hope you will try this out and let me know how it turned up for you.
- You can check my website cookwithsonali.com. And don’t forget to subscribe for more delicious recipes.